Rules of the Road
Guidelines to how this project will be ran
1. In every place Project Kinect finds itself, It will attempt to use public transportation as much as possible.
- This will allow for understanding each location a little bit more while exposing Gregg to as many people as possible. This is not a project that will be rushed to get through so there should be no reason why there would be any problem waiting up to an hour for a bus, train, or rail. This is about getting to know the surroundings, not push through the experiences while only grazing the surface.
2. Hotels will only be used when absolutely necessary.
- This in no such way a vacation! It will be enjoyable but it will still be work. It is about experiencing and studying the American Condition and this means getting dirty when need be and pulling one’ own weight. Hotels are a luxury.
3. The road map is subject to change.
- Even though Gregg’s closest friends are the skeleton of this project, the project is to be experiencing and documenting everything. If a disaster happens, or some significant news takes place, there is nothing stopping that from being destintion. The only obligation here is to document this journey and highlight what is felt as significant.
4. We, who have two able hands.
- A big part of this trip is servitude and the ability to help out. This can include anything from making dinner to pay for a stay on a couch, helping out at a soup kitchen, or gardening at a senior citizens home. The purpose is to be with strangers and learning from and about them. This means getting involved.