- Toomers For Tuscaloosa: This Facebook page is full of different ways that you can help out with Tornado relief. Right now, that is the most important use of volunteers.
- Volunteermatch.org: In addition to relief volunteer opportunities, this site will have some other options if you are looking for that.
- Volunteer Reception Center: If you want a quick way to just get in and volunteer while being assigned a job, the volunteer reception center is your best bet. Just give them a call, get a quick orientation, and then they will have you working quickly on a project. The number for them is (205)248-5045
- Temperary Emergency Services: Open 10-5 Monday thru Saturday and 1- 5pm on Sunday, they are there to help individuals and families who still need supplies.
- Also, here are a few other numbers for residence or volunteers that need to help residence in a certain direction.
|Tuscaloosa Assistance Information|
|Mauld Whatley Health Care|
|2731 Martin Luther King Blvd|
|Walk in hours M-F, 7:30am-11am & 1pm-3pm|
|Bring proof of income May be $20 co-pay|
|Disaster Unemployment Assistance||Deadline is June 30th|
|State UIA (866)234-5382|
|Open M-F, 7am-5pm|
|FEMA||Deadline is June 26th|
|Legal Services/Tenant Rights|
|Open M-F, 9:30-5pm|
|For Elderly- U of A law clinic (205)348-4960|
|Health Department/Water Quality Issues|
|Things to know:|
|City or Well water|
|Tuscaloosa Emergency Services|
|Open M-F, 9am-4pm|